The best no bake brownie cheesecakes are made from scratch, not a mix. And that’s the premise of this recipe. Brownie cheesecake is a classic dessert that has been around for decades and it’s easy to make. But if you want to take it over the top, try these variations: substitute the walnuts or chocolate chips with your favorite nuts or dried fruit; add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom; use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate, etc. The possibilities are endless!
This article will show you how to make a no bake brownie cheesecake from scratch using an old family recipe as a guide. It will also give you some ideas on how to customize the no bake brownie cheesecake for your taste buds.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the sides of an 8-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar, cocoa powder, and salt, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Crack eggs into a bowl (I like to slightly beat them first to make incorporating them easier), then add vanilla extract; whisk quickly so the eggs don’t cook. Add 1/2 cup of the warm chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir vigorously. This tempers the eggs so they won’t scramble when you mix in the rest of the ingredients. Add remaining chocolate mixture and stir until smooth, set aside.
4. Whisk flour into the chocolate batter until just combined, do not overmix or it will result in chewy brownies! Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly using an offset spatula or an icing spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Don’t overbake or your brownies will be dry! Place pan on a wire rack and let cool completely before adding cheesecake filling.
5. While your brownie base is cooling make your cheesecake filling by beating cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth using an electric hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or you can use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Do not overmix, just mix enough to blend everything well.
6. Spread all of your cheesecake filling into a cooled brownie base using an offset spatula or icing spatula then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.
7. When you are ready to remove your cheesecake from the springform pan, run a small knife around the sides of the pan then open springform clasps. You can leave it on the base if you plan to cut and serve from there but I recommend transferring it to a serving platter just so that cutting will be easier.
8. Top with fresh fruit, caramel sauce, chocolate syrup or just eat as is! No matter how you top it, this recipe will satisfy even the most discerning of chocolate lovers! Enjoy!
This recipe of no bake brownie cheesecake is perfect for when you’ve got a craving and don’t want to spend time in the kitchen. If you have these ingredients on hand, this dessert can be whipped up at any point in the day. This recipe makes enough for 12-16 pieces of no bake brownie cheesecake, so feel free to cut down or add more eggs if necessary.