These milkshake recipes will bring back delicious childhood memories, without a lot of calories. They are rich and chocolatey, but easy on the waistline.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp sugar substitute such as Splenda
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process on high speed for 30-45 seconds or until the milkshake is the desired consistency.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately. You can adjust the flavor with additional cocoa powder or sugar substitute.
Ingredients for the chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 plus 2 tablespoons cup xylitol/erythritol blend
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the low calorie chocolate’ lovers’ chocolate milkshake
- 2 pints Low Cow Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 3/4 cup milk*
- To make the chocolate syrup, whisk together the cocoa powder, sweetener, water, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the chocolate sauce to a container and bring it to room temperature.
- To make the milkshake, put the ice cream, 1/2 cup chocolate syrup (you will have a little leftover to drizzle on top), and milk in a blender and blend on low until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle some of the remaining chocolate syrup in two tall glasses and then divide the milkshake into the two glasses (or 4 smaller glasses). Drizzle the remaining chocolate syrup on top of the milkshakes. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup (180g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (120mL) unsweetened cashew or vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla crème stevia OR 1 tbsp (13g) Truvia (or adjusted to taste)
- 1 cup (130g) ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender in the order listed, and pulse until thick and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Any sweetener may be substituted for the vanilla crème stevia or Truvia. You’ll want the equivalent of 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- To help prevent the smoothie from separating, add ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum.
- 1 medium banana sliced & frozen
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened coconut milk or regular milk)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter (or peanut butter or any nut butter or nut powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Topping (optional): whipped cream/whipped topping
Place the banana slices, ice cubes, almond milk, cocoa powder, almond butter, and vanilla into a blender and process until smooth.
These are some of the best and most delicious healthy and low-calorie chocolate milkshake recipes you can try making at home. Now you do not have to cut down on your sugar or chocolate cravings as these recipes are quite healthy!