There are many ways to make a chocolate mousse pie with graham cracker crust. This article will explore the different techniques and ingredients that can be used to create this dessert dish.
This is not your average, run-of-the-mill pie recipe. It takes a little more time, but it’s worth it!
It’s really up to you how much effort you want to put into this project – or what kind of experience level you have in baking pies. Either way, there should be a technique here for you!
The first things we’ll cover are the basics: preparing the pie crust and making the filling before assembling everything together at the end. The next section will help if you’re looking for something even more complicated – creating a pie crust from scratch.
Finally, we will explore some of the ingredients and techniques you might want to use if you’re looking to make something a little different than a traditional chocolate mousse pie with graham cracker crust. Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Preparing the Graham cracker crust
1. Preheat Oven To 350 degrees Fahrenheit (F)
2. Bake Graham Cracker Crust For Ten Minutes Or Until Golden Brown (optional)
3. Cool Crust And Set Aside While You Make The Filling
4. Stir Together Eggs And Sugar In A Medium Bowl
5. Add-In Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Extract, And Salt
6. Pour The mixture Into The Graham Cracker Crust
7. Bake The Pie For Twenty-Five Minutes Or Until Set
8. Let Cool Completely On A Wire Rack (This Could Take Up To Two Hours)
9. Serve And Enjoy!
Making a chocolate mousse pie with graham cracker crust- from scratch
1. Start By Sifting Your Flour And Cocoa Powder Together Into A Medium Bowl
2. Add-In Sugar, Salt, And Butter Cubes
3. Use A Pastry Cutter (or Your Fingers) To Cut In The Butter Until The mixture Becomes Crumbly
4. Add-In Ice Water A Tablespoon At A Time Until Dough Forms (You May Not Need All Of It)
5. Roll Out dough On A Floured Surface And Transfer To A 9-inch Pie Plate
6. Crimp Edges And Prick Bottom Several Times With Fork
7. Bake Blind For Ten Minutes, Remove From oven And Set Aside
8. Reduce Temperature To 300 Degrees Fahrenheit (F)
9. In A Medium Saucepan, Stir Together Sugar, Egg Yolks, Cornstarch, Cocoa Powder, Salt, and Milk Over Low Heat
10. Cook stirring Constantly Until Mixture Thickens And Bubbles (about Ten Minutes)
11. Remove From Heat And Stir In Vanilla Extract
12. Pour mixture Into Pie crust
13. Bake For Fifteen Minutes, Reduce Temperature To 250 Degrees Fahrenheit (F), and Bake For Another Twenty Minutes
14. Let Cool Completely On A Wire Rack (This Could Take Up To Two Hours)
15. Serve And Enjoy!
Adding some flavor to chocolate mousse pie with graham cracker crust
1. Try Adding A Little Bit Of Coffee Grounds To The Pie Crust Dough
2. Use A Variety Of Flavored Extracts (like Hazelnut, Almond, Peppermint, Etc.) In The Filling And The Crust
3. Add A Liqueur (like Kahlua) To The Filling For An Even More Intense Flavor
4. Place Some Chocolate Chips Or Mini-chocolate Bars On Top Of Pie Before Serving
Adding some texture to your chocolate mousse pie with graham cracker crust
1. Chop Up Some Nuts (like Cashews, Walnuts, etc.) And Sprinkle On Top Of Pie Crust Before Adding Filling
2. Crush Some Graham Crackers Or Chocolate Cookies Into Small Pieces And Use As Crust Topping
3. Add-In Cocoa Nibs For An Intense Bittersweet Flavor With A Crunchy Texture
chocolate mousse pie with graham cracker crust is a great dessert for those who don’t want to use milk or eggs. The graham cracker crust can be made from whole wheat flour, soy milk, and honey as well if you are vegan! This recipe makes one pie but it’s very easy to double or triple the ingredients to make more pies at once. Enjoy this delicious tasting chocolate mousse pie which only has three main ingredients: dark cocoa powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract!