Many people prefer white chocolate over the dark one. White chocolate has the pure cocoa butter that makes it healthy. Plus, the chocolate has flavonoids that can reduce the risk of suffering from heart diseases. Well, you don’t have to buy a bar of white chocolate every time you crave for it. The chocolate can be easily made from scratch and that too without any special tools!
Making White Chocolate At Home
White chocolate needs pure cocoa butter, sugar, milk powder, and vanilla. Also, add a pinch of salt along with some orange extract to make the perfect white chocolate.
Ingredients & Equipment
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 Tsp. milk powder
2 oz. cocoa butter (pure)
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
1/8 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. orange extract
Molds of choice
Melt the cocoa butter by taking it in a microwave-friendly bowl. Generally, it will take 3-5 minutes to melt the cocoa butter entirely. If the butter doesn’t melt in this time period, set the microwave for another two minutes. Now mix the milk powder along with sugar before adding this mixture in the melted cocoa butter. Next, add the rest white chocolate ingredients and stir well. Pour the white chocolate mixture in the desired molds and refrigerate it. Once the chocolate has set, take it out from the molds and serve. You can also add this white chocolate in your cookies, cakes, and other desserts.
3-Ingredient White Chocolate
Ease the process of making white chocolate by making it with just cacao butter, powdered sugar, and milk powder. You will also need a chocolate mold and double boiler for this recipe.
Ingredients & Equipment
2 oz. milk powder
4.5 Tsp. or more powdered sugar
2 oz. cacao butter
Chop the cocoa butter and then melt it in the double boiler. Set up the boiler on low-medium heat and bring it to simmer once the butter melts. Make sure to whisk the butter with a wire whisk to ensure even melting. Add the sugar and mix the sweet butter mixture well. Next, stir in the milk powder and again stir with the whisk to incorporate the ingredients nicely. Take this chocolate mixture into a blender and pulse it until smooth. Finally, pour the white chocolate mixture in the chocolate mold and freeze it until set. You can also refrigerate the chocolate instead of keeping it in the freezer. Once the white chocolate sets completely, take it out from the mold.
Tips To Follow For Making The Perfect Chocolate
Follow these tips to ensure your white chocolate comes out to be perfect:
- It’s better to melt the cocoa butter on low flame to prevent water from boil as well as to avoid water getting on the butter. This is an essential step to consider otherwise the chocolate can seize.
- You can use maple syrup to make the chocolate. However, the final chocolate will not be white but discolored.
- Buy edible and pure cocoa butter to prepare the white chocolate. Never use the cocoa butter that comes in the ‘cosmetic’ category.
- Try using flavors such as orange, ginger, mint, etc. to make flavored white chocolate.
- Think of sprinkling toppings like dried fruits, raisins, and crushed cookies over the white chocolate. This will make the chocolate delicious yet appealing.
- If you are a vegan, use soy milk powder or coconut milk powder to make your chocolates.
- Add a pinch of salt to balance the taste of the white chocolate.
- Try using molds in the shape of disc, heart, star, etc. to create fancy chocolate. For traditional chocolate, use a bar mold.