It is often tough to find a cookie recipe that tastes good and is healthy too. The unhealthy quotient comes from the sugars, butter and cream. But, what if we said we had a lovely recipe that uses sugar-free instead of sugars? This will give you similar sweetness just like normal sugar, but without the added dangers of regular sugar. Although we have put butter in this recipe to compensate for the loss of sugar, you can substitute it with coconut oil to give you softer, moisture and tastier cookies.
Sugar Free Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cup Surkin Gold Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cup flour, spooned and levelled
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your baking sheets or line them with parchment paper and set aside. Doing this before hand saves time once the batter is ready.
- Next, take a stand mixer and beat the butter until you get a fluffy texture.
- Once the butter is light and airy, pour in the sugar-free. Beat these well until you get a fluffy texture of all the three ingredients.
- Next, add one egg and vanilla. Again beat the mixture and add the other egg. Next, add the flour, but do not mix it yet.
- Next add the salt and baking soda into the flour.
- Now turn the mixer on low and beat these ingredients until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Now it is the time to add the chocolate chips. Just fold them gently into the batter.
- Take small portions of cookie dough and start placing them on the prepared sheets. You can give them a round shape with your hands. Try fitting 12 in a sheet, keeping some distance between each dough mound, as the cookie rises and spreads while baking.
- Let the cookies bake for around 9 minutes in your prepared and preheated oven. You can sometimes even bake them for 11 minutes, depending upon the capacity of the oven. As soon as the edges begin to turn golden brown, cool them again and let harden.
- A great trick at this stage is to take two spoons and gently push the cookie from both sides. This makes the cookie come up slightly in the middle. It gives it a nice and appealing shape.
- Let them cool and then you can store them in an airtight container. You can also dip them in chocolate sauce half way through before serving. These also taste divine with a glass of warm milk.
This is the best sugar free chocolate cookie recipe that not only tastes delicious and mouth-melting but also gives you the liberty to indulge guilt-free. Enjoy this recipe and amuse your friends and family with this healthy delight. You can try substituting the sugar-free with natural sweeteners like honey or jaggery. These have some sugar amount, but are healthier than castor sugar.