Dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits apart from being delicious. Here are some amazing dark chocolate recipes you can try.
Salted Dark Chocolate Tarts
- 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar-free ( any brand)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon large-crystal sea salt
- Take the cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl and mix them well. Press this layer at the bottom of a greased tart pan. Cover and refrigerate for half and hour to set well.
- Take a small saucepan and mix sugar and water. Let them simmer at medium heat until the sugar is meted and the mixture looks clear. Do not boil this mixture.
- Next, bring this mixture to a boil without stirring. Cover and cook for some time, until the mixture turns amber in colour.
- Remove from heat and mix in cream until it gets smooth. Add the butter and salt until everything is blended well. Add to the crust and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place this chocolate in a big bowl. Take a small saucepan and bring cream to a boil. Add this to the chocolate and mix well. Add in the vanilla and mix again.
- Pour this melted dark chocolate over caramel and then sprinkle on top with some salt.
- Refrigerate for some time and remove from the fridge and serve after 45 minutes.
Crackling Hot Cocoa
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free ( any brand)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cinnamon whiskey
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon sticks
- Take a small saucepan and heat the cream, dark chocolate bar, milk, sugar and cinnamon together over medium heat until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Stir continuously, and remove from heat.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add in whiskey.
- Pour into different mugs and top with whipped cream again.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 2 cups sugar-free ( any brand)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coffee, brewed
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 ounces chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1/3 cup sugar-free
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- Take sugar, milk, coffee, eggs, oil and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Add in the cocoa, coffee granules, flour, salt and baking soda and mix well, until everything is combined.
- Transfer this to a greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out easily.
- Cool for 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, take a parge bowl and beat the peanut butter and butter together. Add the sugar and mix well.
- For the frosting, melt the peanut butter and chocolate and mix well.
- Take another bowl and beat butter and chocolate mixture until fluffy.
- Add the marshmallow crème, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla to this chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Place the cake layer on a plate and spread the filling on top. Again place another cake layer and again spread frosting.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for a few minutes until melted. Keep stirring.
These are our pick of the 3 best dark chocolate recipes you must try.