Everyone has their own special secret chocolate cake recipe. There are also so many on the internet, that for a first-time maker, deciding which one to choose can be tricky. Various ingredients and methods can be used to make a delicious chocolate cake. Here we have short-listed two easy-peasy chocolate cake recipes.
To cook light, crispy, and delicious baked goods, you need to use tricks and tips that are a must for baking. Here are a few recipes you can try your hand at.
Chocolate Cake Recipes
Classic Chocolate Cake
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Procedure To Make The Cake
- Collect all the ingredients and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan. You can also line the bottom with a parchment paper. You will have to cut it properly in a circle to fit the pan.
- Add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour in sugar, salt, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix well.
- Take another bowl and then mix the milk, eggs, oil, vanilla, and whisk them well.
- Add all the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour this batter into your greased cake pan and put it in the preheated oven to bake.
- Bake for 30 minutes and insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. If it does, then it means that the cake is ready. Ensure that you do not overbake the cake, else it will become too dry.
- Invert the cake on a cooling rack. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cake by putting your knife along the sides. The cake should come out clean on the rack.
- Once your cake is cool, add frosting over it. You can buy readymade frosting from the market or make your own.
2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Have you heard of a chocolate cake with just two ingredients? You must be wondering what about the flour, butter, leavening agent, sugar, eggs, etc! Well, here is a chocolate cake that only requires two ingredients and is also gluten-free.
- Melted Chocolate
- 2 Large Eggs
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg whites and whip the whites for around 2 minutes until light and frothy.
- Take a separate bowl and whisk the melted chocolate and egg yolks together.
- Now fold the whipped egg whites into the melted chocolate and egg yolk mix.
- Pour this batter into a greased and dusted 8-ounce baking pan and bake for around 350 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- You will get a fudgy cake that tastes delicious.
Easy Chocolate Pie Recipe
- Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- Cooking Time – 55 minutes
- Cooling Time – 1 hour
- Total Time – 2 hours
- Course – Dessert
- Cuisine – American
- Servings – 8 slices
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 ounce can evaporate milk
- 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take a large bowl and add sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Then add eggs, butter, and evaporated milk in the same mixture and combine everything. Your batter should be thin and smooth.
- Pour this batter into the pie crust and bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes. There should be a thin crust on the top of the pie when done.
- If your pie is slightly loose or jiggly in the center, let it remain that way. It will firm up once cooled.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into equal slices and garnish with whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate shavings.