Avocado chocolate mousse – what does the name bring to your mind other than making your mouth watering? Okay, let me tell you it is similar to avocado pudding with chocolates. I have used lots of fresh fruits on the top of the mousse to make it extra delicious and healthy.
All the people are not fond of avocados. But if they ever tasted this delicious mousse, they will be a fan of avocados as the mousse does not taste like the avocados at all. With so much of cocoa, honey, and melted dark chocolate, what you get is a chocolate mousse.
The goodness of avocado, as well as dark chocolate, makes this recipe totally healthy. There is no sugar. The cocoa powder is unsweetened too. Only the honey acts as the natural sweetener. So you don’t have to worry about unwanted calories too.
Recipe Of Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Surprise yourself as well as your guests with this utterly tasty avocado mousse with cocoa and melted chocolate. The addition of fresh fruits makes it both alluring and tasty. Whether you are craving for a dessert or you want to make something unique for the party, this avocado mousse will be your ideal companion.
- Ripe avocados – 4
- Coconut milk – ¼ cup
- Dark cocoa powder – 4 tbsp, unsweetened
- Honey – 3 tbsp; you can adjust the quantity according to your need
- Melted dark chocolate – 2 ounces
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Coconut whipped cream – for topping
- Strawberries, blueberries, cherries, blackberries, and peaches – chopped, to garnish
- Fresh mint, chopped to garnish
How To Make
- Peel the skin of the avocados properly. Put the flesh into the food processor. Let it blend thoroughly so that you get a smooth and creamy paste.
- Now pour the milk along with honey, melted chocolate, cocoa, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend the ingredients until the mixture becomes totally smooth. The blending might take two minutes. The sweetness depends on your requirements. So, after blending, taste it, and if you want, you can add more dark chocolate and honey.
- Now pour the mixture into a glass of your choice. Garnish with coconut whipped cream. Add the chopped fresh fruits on the top and serve.
- You can also add the fresh mint on the top just before serving.
If you think about minerals, vitamins as well as phytonutrient, avocados have 20 of them, if not mote. Moreover, they are 100% free of cholesterol. From one serving of avocado, you will get about 8% of the fiber that we require every day. Fiber helps in keeping us full for longer and also helps in decreasing the chance of type 2 diabetes. In comparison to other fruits, the amount of sugar in them is very less. From each serving of avocados, you get about one gram of sugar. They help human bodies to absorb the nutrients faster.
Some Tips For Avocado Chocolate mousse
If you are vegan and want to make the mousse, then opt for the vegan cocoa and vegan dark chocolate. Besides, you can add fresh fruits according to the season and your preference.